I have exciting news! After running Finch & Thistle as a full-service event design and planning studio for the last nine years, I have decided to branch out into e-design services for clients who cannot afford to hire a designer but still want to achieve a beautiful and cohesive look to their wedding or event. Working remotely with clients enables me to bring my design services to clients all over the world in addition to continuing to provide full event design and planning services to clients locally.
Here’s a little bit of information about how the process works:
1. Purchase the design package in my ETSY SHOP
2. Fill out the detailed questionnaire that I will email to you.
3. Add a link to your Pinterest Board(s)
4. I get to work putting together a detailed branding and event design board that you can implement yourself or hire local vendors to implement.
5. Turnaround time is around 10 days from the time you send back your questionnaire.
6. One revision is included.
…and here’s what you will receive:
A PDF DOCUMENT that gives you…
1. A cohesive color palette for the event
2. A separate color palette for the floral design
3. Branding examples for stationery/website
4. Decorative rental suggestions within your described budget
5. Floral design suggestions
6. Display ideas (dessert table, guest book, photobooth, seating chart etc)
PLUS, I can also include rental shopping lists, vendor referrals, and sources for decorative pieces in a customized package. Event design at a fraction of the usual price!
Here’s a peek at an example of what you would receive and some pictures from the actual wedding to show how the design could be implemented…
For more information, check out our new shop here: Finch & Thistle Weddings.
These clients married in a medieval chapel on a private estate just outside Seattle. They wanted the chapel to have a dreamy, forest feel and I had an amazing time dreaming up the altar installation of Japanese snowbell, privet, foxglove and clematis. By contrast, the Chihuly Glass museum is bright and airy with a huge glass poppy installation. This was the biggest set up we’ve ever had to do in a two hour window and I tried to keep that in mind with the event design as it was easy to get carried away with the greenhouse theme. We brought in potted vine maples and soft seating, created a custom bar backdrop and hanging plants to decorate the tented courtyard. I designed three styles of tables and a greenhouse inspired dessert table backdrop complete with custom 5′ wide laser cut monogram and trailing moss and orchids. The florals were filled with garden roses, mock orange, ranunculus, peonies and kumquats. Italian poppies in sherbet shades added a pop of color and served to incorporate the infamous Chihuly glass installation. Photography by Stephanie Cristalli with assistance by Jenn Tai. Event design, styling and floral by Finch & Thistle Event Design.