Featuring the The Finch & Thistle Custom Bridal Collection for Carbon Neutral Fine Jewelry
Choosing the designer for your custom engagement ring can be a big decision. An engagement ring is often the first piece of fine jewelry purchased and you want to ensure that your ring is of the highest quality and meets your expectations. After working with clients to design luxury weddings for over 15 years, After working with clients to design luxury weddings for over 15 years through Finch & Thistle Event Design, I decided to start the Finch & Thistle Custom Bridal Collection design service at Carbon Neutral Fine Jewelry and I’d like to offer some advice on how to choose the right designer for you (whether it’s us, or someone else!)
- Research designers: Start by researching different custom engagement ring designers, both online and in person. Look for designers who specialize in the type of ring you’re interested in, such as antique-inspired designs or contemporary styles. Carbon Neutral Fine Jewelry is able to work within your style guidelines to design a ring that is uniquely suited to you and that is made with recycled gold and ethically mined diamonds, gemstones and lab grown diamonds. We are known for clean, classic and timeless ring designs.
- Check their portfolio: Look at the designers’ portfolios to get an idea of their style and the types of rings they have created in the past. Make sure they have a track record of creating high-quality, unique designs. We are very proud of the designs we have created at Carbon Neutral Fine Jewelry.
- Read reviews: Look for reviews from past clients to get an idea of their experience working with the designer. Read both positive and negative reviews to get a well-rounded understanding of the designer’s work. We have many reviews posted on our website and Instagram account.
- Schedule a consultation: Schedule a consultation with the designers you’re interested in to discuss your ideas and get a feel for their work process. This is also a great opportunity to ask any questions you may have and get a sense of their level of professionalism and attention to detail.
- Compare prices: Compare prices between different designers to get an idea of the average cost of a custom engagement ring. Keep in mind that the cost of a custom ring will depend on factors such as the type of metal, diamonds, and design details. Generally speaking, a lab grown diamond will cost 1/3 that of a mined diamond of similar weight, color and clarity and smaller direct-to-consumer jewelry designers will be less expensive than working with a retail jeweler – even though you are getting one on one service.
Remember, it’s important to choose a designer who you feel comfortable communicating with and who can bring your vision to life. Take the time to find a designer who has the skills, experience, and attention to detail to create a ring that you’ll cherish forever. Our custom bridal clients have been thrilled with their rings and I would love to invite you to look at some of our designs and see if we are a good fit for your custom engagement ring design.